Post-Conference Full Day In-depth Learning Session
Thursday 18 February 2016
Registration and morning coffee for the session is at 08:30 and it will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
Using data in order to achieve better stakeholder and supplier engagement outcomes in your procurement division
This value-packed session is designed for all health supply chain and procurement managers who want to understand the best possible ways to effectively gain and use their procurement data to drive strategy, benefits, and engagement. Whether you are an organisation who struggles to get data, an organisation who has so much of it you don’t know what to do with it, or an organisation that is managing it well but wonders ‘what next?’, this session is for you.
Drawing on real industry experience, this practical learning session offers to provide an in-depth understanding of how procurement teams can utilise the data at their fingertips to create real business intelligence, transforming how their procurement functions operates and engages. From the basics of database builds through to sophisticated dashboard reporting, it will strengthen your ability to understand the value data can provide to improve procurement outcomes and engagement with your stakeholders. Throughout the session participants will have open discussions and will work in small interactive groups, with a constant opportunity to ask questions and to compare specific experiences with other professionals in the field.
Key topics and take away skills/benefits:
- Appreciate why procurement data is so integral to the operational excellence of both the procurement function and the organisation in general
- Discover various ways and means to access data, both internally and externally
- Learn what you can do with data once you have it
- Identify the core analytic skills every procurement professional should have
- Explore how procurement’s unique insights can be used with this data to engage with internal stakeholders, suppliers and procurement teams
- Understand the various tools which exist that can help, from excel through to high-end BI tools to provide insights and relevance
- Discuss strategies to develop this function within your team, and get the support you need to do it