Quest Events is a leading business information and networking event provider based in Manly, Australia. We produce, market and stage conferences, exhibitions and training seminars for senior management from industry and government alike.
We are an established and successful company with a highly experienced management team achieving outstanding results and are, therefore, expanding rapidly. To facilitate this expansion we are in need of a number of people in specialised roles - ideally with a proven track record in commercial conferences/events (but not essential). The sky really is the limit for successful applicants. Mentoring from senior management is a given and the right candidates will thrive and prosper in our fresh and flexible environment.
We are currently hiring positions for...
Sponsorship & Expo Sales Manager (Events)
This is a rare and truly unique opportunity for you to join one of Australia's leading B2B event companies and set your own earning goals selling high value sponsorship packages on high quality, well respected event brands. The amount you take home will be down to the effort you put in.
If you are ready to earn more this year than you did last year, then we want to hear from you.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales
- Sell sponsorship & exhibition space on leading technology conferences
- Develop your consultative selling experience with ongoing training and support
- Outperform and get rewarded
- Swim, surf or sunbake on your lunch – beach side location
Quest Ignite is a division of leading events provider, Quest Events.
Technology is transforming every aspect of work and life. It's changing not just the way that we do things, but also the kinds of things we can do. Business leaders must anticipate and embrace the future or be left in its dust. Here at Quest ignite, we create strategic high end conferences that address the key challenges facing today’s business leaders, focusing on cutting edge trends and technologies.
- The acquisition of sponsors through research, sourcing, cold calling and email marketing
- Learn your markets, and develop or evolve your understanding of emerging tech and its business implications
- Build your own portfolio of clients, leading to future account management opportunities
- Liaise with confirmed sponsors to enhance event attendance and participation
- Manage clients on-site to help deliver outstanding customer satisfaction
- Ideal candidates will have a background as a business development executive, sales consultant, new business sales
Does this describe you?
- Naturally self-motivated, positive, competitive and enthusiastic
- Highly ambitious and dynamic, with 2 + years’ experience in B2B sales
- Well organised - with strong written and verbal communication and an accurate keeper of sales leads and activity
- Quick learner - with a genuine interest in technology, business trends and current affairs
- Loves selling!
If it does, we would like to hear from you. If you don’t have direct experience, convince us why we should employ you.
Send your resume and cover letter to Quest Ignite Divisional Director – Jon Treherne – email@example.com
Corporate Events Sales, Delegates
As part of our continuing growth strategy, we are looking for an energetic delegate salesperson, who can communicate well and has a desire to succeed and make lots of commission.
Situated 200m from Manly Beach, this role is your chance to capture the perfect work life balance with the opportunity to run, swim or surf on your lunch break or before/after work. There is an opportuntiy here for either a recent graduate eager to learn or an experienced sales person looking for that elusive role that has it all - unrivalled OTE for a self starter combined with a working environment that won't burn you out.
Working in a tight knit team, you will be responsible for engaging senior managers from across industries and organising delegations for high-level events across a diverse range of industries. You will be given plenty of warm leads, tools and briefings to allow you to deliver the results you want.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Results driven with the ability and desire to manage your time and sales pipelines in order to hit and exceed your KPIs
- Must have a calm and confident phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be an organised go-getter with the ability to work alone and in a team
- Desire to make a lot of money
What is on offer:
- Starting base salary commensurate with experience.
- Monthly sales targets set according to starting base salary.
- Base salary increases available for those who consistently exceed their monthly sales targets.
- A graduate with little or no commercial experience can realistically expect to earn $80K-$100K in your first year. Those with some commercial experience already can expect to earn $100K+ in the first year.
- Uncapped commissions.
- Uncapped base salary increases - which you are unlikely to find anywhere else. Curious about this? Apply to find out more!
You will also be working as part of a fun but driven team in one of the most beautiful parts of Sydney, with the opportunity to have a real work-life balance and a genuine opportuntiy to write your own paycheque.
We are a fast growing and highly charged team that has grown from 3 to over 20 in a very short time, with demonstrated results and even bigger plans. So if you want to come along for the ride and think you have what it takes, apply now! Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted regarding the next stage of the recruitment process.
Conference Producer (graduate role or 1-3 years commercial experience)
At Quest Events we create high-level conferences for a wide range of industries and vocations which focus on topical economic, policy and commercial issues. They are attended by politicians, senior business leaders and leading academics, who participate as both speakers and delegates.
The Conference Producer will be trained by the General Manager of Production and other senior members of the production team. Your key tasks will be to conduct conference topic research, write marketing copy and invite speakers. You will receive extensive one-on-one training and be able to quickly take control of your events under the supervision of the General Manager of Production. If you are successful in the role, career progression will be rapid. You will form personal connections with the best and brightest minds in Australian business, economics and politics and have regular contact with senior business leaders.
This is a fast-paced and intellectually stimulating career. You will be constantly challenged and the project-by-project nature of the business means that you will never get frustrated with monotony. And the entrepreneurial nature of the role means that you will have the autonomy to be the master of your own destiny.
Not to mention having access to a great financial incentive scheme (in addition to your base salary) which is geared around the profitability of your events.
Essential skills and experience required:
- University degree (preferably in a relevant field eg. Journalism, Business, Marketing, Political Science or similar)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research skills
- Disciplined time management
- Fast learner
- The proven ability to synthesise research
- Confidence in communication
Nice to have but not essential:
- Some previous general commercial experience
- Specific conference production experience
We are a highly charged team with some fantastic existing events, exciting new ideas and big plans. So if you have a thirst for knowledge, that entrepreneurial flair, want to come along for the ride and think you have what it takes, apply now!
Send your CV to Aleks Zids, Managing Director - email@example.com
Please note that this is not an event coordination/event management role. Only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted regarding the next stage of the recruitment process.