Pre-conference In-depth Learning Session
3 April 2019
Registration and morning coffee is at 08:30 and the session will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
Getting the most out of diversity and inclusion in the public sector
Explore the many benefits of working with people who have different talents, experiences and backgrounds. Identify how personal values and beliefs shape people's response to diversity and describe the behaviours that support or undermine diversity. Develop an understanding of workplace diversity and ways to encourage open and supportive work environments.
This full day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Better recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Adopt practices that support and integrate diversity in the workplace
- Monitor, review and evaluate your own behaviour in relation to diversity
- Identify the legislative and other requirements for managers in relation to workforce diversity
- Implement leadership and management practices that build and support a diverse team