Pre-conference in-depth learning sessions - Tuesday 13 June
Note: Learning Sessions are held at Mercure Sydney
Registration and morning coffee for both sessions is at 08:30 and sessions will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided. Choose between:
In-depth learning session A:
Building the leadership capabilities to advance your career
This practical and information-packed session will use real life examples to explore how to refine your leadership aptitudes in order to gain exceptional outcomes for you and your organisation. This in-depth learning session is designed to provide women with the leadership skills and strategies to progress their career. Those in attendance will be leaders and up and coming managers from all industries across Australia’s tech sector.
Key topics and takeaways skills/benefits:
- Understand the Leadership Spectrum and the styles most suited for success in 2017 and beyond.
- Discuss ways of celebrating todays unique leadership challenges such as remote contributors and new generational expectations.
- Explore your existing strengths and values as a leader, as well as your challenges
- Develop competencies to lead an outstanding tech team
- Empower your creativity, trust your intuition and grow your confidence to become an adaptive and transformational leader
- Explore the power of inspiration and influence instead of control and command for even better results
Thought Leader in Strategy and Transformative Leadership and Former Chair
Females in Information Technology & Telecommunications
In-depth learning session B:
Business Agility & Leading in this new Frontier
An insightful day with Australias most formidable business agility, leadership and innovation coach; Stephanie BySouth. Throughout our time together we’ll unpack the future of business and how
agility is disrupting business structures, marketplaces and the talent culture. What is it, why should we care and together how can we be ready for it?
In the afternoon we’ll explore what it means to be a leader at the Frontier of business agility. The leap from managing the work to leading people. Explore your unique leadership thumbprint to better lead teams with an impactful footprint in the world of business agility. Together we’ll delve into the foundation of agile leadership, and how to safely be at the frontier of business agility leadership.
Key skills/take-away benefits:
- Leadership & innovation - global, local, leader, learner, same, diverse, outsider & insider
- Money, meaning & momentum for what matters- unpack the future of business and how agility is disrupting business structures, marketplaces and the talent culture. What is it, why should we care
- Are you ready for the world of business agility? Appraising business operations, challenges and opportunities
- Frontier Leaders - the leap from managing the work to leading people in the age of business agility
- Leadership canvas – delving into the foundation of agile leadership, and how to safely be at the frontier of business agility leadership
Lean Agile Leadership & Innovation Coach