Eastern Australia's Energy Markets Outlook 2014 Conference Sydney
Policy – Regulation - Feedstock – Generation – Networks – Retail – End use
The premier event for Australia’s east coast energy sector
Over 150 senior managers of Australia's leading energy companies, along with governments and energy end users gathered in Sydney in September to discuss the pressing issues facing the energy sector in Australia's eastern states.
Now considered the premier annual energy sector conference for the east coast, the event brought together Australia's leading policy makers, industry, peak representative bodies, respected analysts and end users to work towards achieving satisfactory and sustainable sector progress for all concerned.
“EAEMO represents a unique and unparalleled opportunity to engage and interact with representatives from the energy sectors,” says Lucy Batt, Market Manager, MetraWeather.
“We find EAEMO an ideal forum to listen and learn; and to increase our industry knowledge and insights. It’s a valuable and highly respected platform for the presentation of our products and services.
“In 2014, we chose the EAEMO event to present to the sector a new solar energy forecast service and announce a new industry partnership. I was delighted to share our innovations with key energy industry contacts, and get a peek into the future challenges faced by the sector.
“EAEMO is very capably managed and promoted by Quest Events. We anticipate continuing our relationship in 2015 and making EAEMO an integrated part of our sales and marketing plans. See you again next year!”
Delivering over 40 key industry speakers including:
With a review of the RET, a new Energy White Paper due and an increasing urgency to address falling demand, 2014 is shaping up to be one of the most significant years in the history of the NEM and will have serious and lasting impacts on the future dynamics of our energy markets.
It is critical that all stakeholders come together to address, discuss and prepare for the raft of changes expected to affect every east-coast energy market participant.
Benefits of attending:
- Examine the key challenges facing the length of the energy supply chain
- Analyse the implications of changing clean energy policies for all stakeholders
- Assess various scenarios that could unfold in energy markets in the medium term
- Understand the likely domestic gas price and supply conditions as Queensland LNG comes online
- Discuss the policy decisions that need to be made at a state and federal level to ensure a secure and affordable energy supply
- Meet and network with the leaders of Australia’s energy industry
Addressing the 7 critical issues currently facing east coast energy market stakeholders:
- Creating a more effective east coast energy market
- Overcoming key challenges for networks in a rapidly changing energy market
- Navigating an uncertain regulatory environment
- Gas security for east coast domestic markets – opportunities and threats
- What business wants and needs from east coast energy markets
- The east coast energy mix – driving profitability while electricity demand falls
- NEM supply and demand outlook
Industry expert Keith Orchison will again chair the Eastern Australia's Energy Markets Outlook 2014 conference
Some feedback from Eastern Australia's Energy Markets Outlook 2013 conference:
“A high number of intelligent minds speaking on a vast range of relevant and pressing topics”
“It was informative, engaging and fun”
“A very useful update on the range of issues from key industry leaders – the content was well structured and scoped”
“The state of the industry in a nutshell”
“It penetrated the cloud of uncertainty that currently surrounds the sector”
“An excellent and informative conference presenting the challenges for the east coast energy markets going forward and the importance of policy”
“Informative, high quality speakers and content interesting discussions and good diversity in the program”
“Excellent variety, all important perspectives presented, run professionally and on-time!”
“Exhibiting at EAEMO 2013 and meeting conference participants was highly constructive for MetraWeather. In 2014, EAEMO was integrated in our plans from the outset. We return with pleasure to catch-up with contacts, and to launch new products and an important partnership. EAEMO represents a unique opportunity every year to engage with a broad spectrum of energy contacts.”